MAKEUP: PLUM & GOLD TUTORIAL

Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Monday Everyone!

Today's look was highly requested and I'm excited to share it with you guys! It is a beautiful gold with plum look. This is perfect for this time of year. You can also easily change up the look by adding browns instead of gold. So without further ado, let's get a started! :D






Primer
As usual I am taking my favorite eye primer, "Painterly" a paintpot by MAC, and applying this all over my lid. Remember that adding a primer will help even out the color of the lid and the stickiness of the base will allows the shadows come out true to color, and last all day.

Eyeshadows
For the shadows I am using a purple color from Morphe and the rest are all Lorac Pro Palette eyeshadows. I feel like I've been using these shadows a lot...they are just so easy to work with and very blendable!



Apply the plum color on the crease area and blend it upwards a bit higher than the crease. Then add "Taupe" to the ourer crease area and slowly build it inwards. Darken the color by applying "sable" over the taupe color. Remember to blend! To deepen the color, add the darkest brown shade in the palette. This is "Espresso".

For the gold color, I am using Nyx's "Pure Gold" Jumbo Eye Pencil on the lower lid. I then added the "Gold" shade from the Lorac Pro Palette and slowly blended it to combine with all the other shadows. Remember not to go past the crease! To finish the eyeshadow I added "Nude" to the inner most corner to give it a highlight.

Eyeliner
I recently purchased Tarte's Amazonian Clay Gel Eye Liner. I am loving this product for the upper eyeliner. It is waterproof and will no smudge. This also dries completely matte. Using the eyeliner pencil that came with the gel eyeliner in the shade "Black", create a wing and fill in the area with the liner. Go over the liner with NYC black liquid liner.




Lashes
Today I used Ardelle Whispies. Fill free to use any lashes you'd like!

Bottom Lash Line
For the bottom lash line I difuseed the plum color on the outer end and difused the same "Gold" on the inner tear duct area. This will create a nice gradient from plum to gold. To finish the bottom lash line I lined the waterline with L'oreal's Gel Liner in Espresso. I find that this brand of liners works well for the water line as It won't transfer to the eye area.




Mascara
Finish off the look by applying mascara to all of the lashes, including falsies and bottom lashes.

I then went in and finished my facial contouring and highlight. You're ready!



Stay tuned for my highlight and contour routine! Coming very soon!

I hope you guys enjoyed this look... a video on this look will soon be uploaded on my Youtube channel which I will link in an upcoming post. Hope this look brightens up your Monday:) xo



7 comments :

  1. The makeup look gorgeous!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can check out my post here:
    http://kaitysbeautybits.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Did you really?? You are so so sweet! Thank you! I will definitely come by and check it out:)
      Nati

      Delete
  2. this looks so stunning!! x

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you darling! So sweet of you to come visit my blog:) Oh! And I will definitely come check it out...I love me some mac lispstiskc xD
    Nati

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty! ♥ artdicted2.blogspot.de/
    XOXO Nati

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plum with the gold, looks beautiful.

    Katie xx

    OkayKate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the look is beautiful! i love those colors together.

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete